Healtchare & Nutrition Forum for your puppy's health

Barking puppy

December 2, 2015, 11:54 AM

We have a 9-10 week old Morkie (she arrived 3 days ago) and she is doing well, except that when we put her to bed at night she will bark so loud and for so long that we do not know what to do.  We have the Pup Pee Poo Palace, so we are using it as designed, and we are putting her to bed, saying goodnight, and staying away.  The only problem is that she bark/yells so loud, and for so long - it is at the top of her lungs and non-stop.  Last night she went 3 hours straight without letting up.  I worry about my neighbors and getting a little sleep.  Would a muzzle help at all?  Or, would a collar that is supposed to help with barking be a solution for this age?  I would love any advice.  Thank you!
Category: Training Tips

Answer:

The only real solution is to never acknowledge her in any way unless she has been quiet at least 30 minutes.  The Palace should be in a separate room and covered.  Using some type of anti bark device such as a comfort muzzle or collar should only be a last resort but finding a anti bark collar small enough could be a problem.