Healtchare & Nutrition Forum for your puppy's health

Change of Routine Confuses Puppy

March 4, 2014, 8:38 PM

Hi Dr Pup. My 13 week old puppy has been doing really well going to the potty mostly outside and using the pads in the house. For the last 2 days I have had appointments and left him in his Pup Pee Poo Palace for no more than 3.5 hours and I noticed that his behavior has changed. On the first day he justed wants to play when outside and then used the pad (thank goodness) when we came in, but today, when I got home, he had wet all all over his blanket and toys on the loft and did not use the pad in his kennel. He went outside for over half an hour and once again, he used the pad in the house. Is he rebelling against me leaving him alone?  What's going on? Btw, I always take him out before I leave and immediately upon my return.
Category: Training Tips

Answer:

No doubt there is a bit of rebelling going on, but another big factor is for a 13 week old puppy the palace is a pretty boring place if you are not asleep.  Consider adding a pen or having the palace with the door open in a small room like a both or laundry when you need to be gone.