Healtchare & Nutrition Forum for your puppy's health

Body Responses During Sleep

February 6, 2014, 11:46 AM

Doctor Pup: Hi Alan let me review your history and i will be right back
Alan: Hi, First time chat. sorry to bother you on super bowl sunday.  Quick breathing but no other bad symptoms. As long as you are ok with very short quick breathing I'm ok to just monitor. Just wanted to check.
Doctor Pup: Are you describing her breathing while she is asleep?
Alan: Yes. but never noticed it being that quick before
Alan: She just woke up and we took her outside to potty. Her breathing is normal when awake. 
Doctor Pup: That is not significant, she goes through "REM" sleep just like us.  She can show anything from almost panting to very slow rate to barking as a part of deep sleep.  You say she is responding well to the antibiotic?  How long on it ? What antibiotic? 
Alan: ok.. makes me feel better. She is fine, responding very well to antibiotic.(Zeniquin 25 mg but split in 1/4) 1 x per day.  She's been on it for 12 days.  Local vet is happy with her recovery.  
Doctor Pup: glad to help anytime, any other questions?
Alan: no. thank you. Happy sunday. Just making sure she was ok...thank you. I'm good.
Doctor Pup: Good
Category: Common Conditions

Answer:

Alan: Hi, First time chat. sorry to bother you on super bowl sunday.  Quick breathing but no other bad symptoms. As long as you are ok with very short quick breathing I'm ok to just monitor. Just wanted to check.\
Doctor Pup: Are you describing her breathing while she is asleep?\
Alan: Yes. but never noticed it being that quick before\
Alan: She just woke up and we took her outside to potty. Her breathing is normal when awake. \
Doctor Pup: That is not significant, she goes through "REM" sleep just like us.  She can show anything from almost panting to very slow rate to barking as a part of deep sleep.  You say she is responding well to the antibiotic?  How long on it ? What antibiotic? \
Alan: ok.. makes me feel better. She is fine, responding very well to antibiotic.(Zeniquin 25 mg but split in 1/4) 1 x per day.  She's been on it for 12 days.  Local vet is happy with her recovery.  \
Doctor Pup: glad to help anytime, any other questions?\
Alan: no. thank you. Happy sunday. Just making sure she was ok...thank you. I'm good.\
Doctor Pup: Good}