My Dog Ate A Bottle Of Dish Soap

View Comments Post a Comment Printer Friendly Version

Hello, I have a 2 year old Jack Russell that just ate a bottle of dish soap.  What should I do?

First of all if he swallowed a significant amount of the liquid he will probably vomit it up, or you might see some diarrhea for a day or two.  Other than that there shouldn't be any problem.  There is more concern if he swallowed pieces of the bottle, if you know he swallowed any pieces larger than a nickle you might want to get an abdomenal x-ray.  If you are not sure if he swallowed part of the bottle but he vomits more than a couple times or if he is unwilling to eat you should let your vet know.